Thursday , March 21 2019
Home / Business and Finance / ‘Vast potential exists for poultry hatchery farming in Sindh’

‘Vast potential exists for poultry hatchery farming in Sindh’

KARACHI: Chief executive officer (CEO) of Sindh Enterprise Development Fund (SEDF) Mehboob ul Haq has said Sindh province has a vast potential of profitable investment in poultry breeder farming and hatchery sector.

 

 

He said that Sindh province has the capacity of producing only 4 to 5 percent demand of breeding and hatchery while the rest of 95 percent demand in this sector is fulfilled through import from Punjab.

Mehboob ul Haq said that Sindh Board of Investment was committed to extending incentives and support to investors especially in poultry sector and for this purpose Sindh Enterprise Development Fund (SEDF) is supporting the investors in terms of extending financial support and professional knowledge.

He informed that by the support of SEDF a private sector company named ‘Marhaba Protein Farms’ was investing Rs350 million for the establishment of a breeder farm and hatchery in Dhabeji and this project would be inaugurated by Provincial Minister for Livestock Sindh Abdul Bari Pitafi on Monday the 18th February 2019.

Mehboob ul Haq further Informed that for the purpose of extending maximum knowledge about challenges, issues and export potential of poultry sector, SEDF is inviting all stakeholders including breeder farmers, hatchery, feed mill, poultry pharmaceuticals, machinery, traders, bankers, Pakistan Poultry Association along with livestock department, Trade and Development Authority of Pakistan (TDAP) to the value chain of poultry industry, so that through the meaningful interaction among them, poultry industry could flourish in Sindh.

Check Also

JCR-VIS assigns ratings to PTCL

PTCL encourages customers to opt for eBilling

KARACHI: Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) encourages its customers to opt for eBilling, instead of receiving …